Wednesday 20 April 2011

Made of Stone





Skirt - American Apparel
Belt - Vintage Moschino
Shoes - Office
How much does it feel like the middle of July at the moment? Yesterday everyone was out in their sandals, shorts and vests – very exciting!! Hopefully it lasts all weekend as I plan to spend much of the Easter break out doors. I bought these shoes a while back but thought today was the perfect day to get them out, being peep toe sandals and all! I debated over flatforms for a while but when I saw this pair in office I bit the bullet. Although, I do feel a bit like I am walking on two bricks and they don’t give your legs that extra special look a five inch heel does, but they are comfortable.

I have to share the amazing experience I had the other night with you. I listened to the album playback of Explosions in the Sky at the Planetarium, in the Royal Observatory, in Greenwich. Words can not describe how beautiful it was and I doubt I’ll experience anything similar, anytime soon.

Anyway, back to reality and work although not long until the long weekend. On Saturday I am going to Portobello Market for the first time (yes, I’ve lived here for three years and never been – crazy!) I also plan to learn how to ride my bike. It’s the cutest little bike with a wee basket and a bell. I’m going to practise up the park and then maybe hit the main roads and dodge some buses! Wish me luck!!

23 comments:

  1. loving the outfit today! Definitely embracing the lovely weather!!!
    I cant believe you have never been to portabello market!! I live in deepest darkest devon and even Ive been a couple of times! haha.
    I really want a bike too - but I'm scared about riding on the roads (even though these country roads aren't half as scary as london ones!) Your bike sounds cute!!
    enjoy the sunshine lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit again, I am major jealous of you going to Portobello Market absolutely love it there! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is gorgeous, also loving the belt! Lovely outfit as per usual :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit, the bright red skirt is a beaut. I've been enjoying the weather too, mainly looking out the office window, so also praying it stays good all weekend! Portobello, exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this red skirt, needing to wack out an alternative to black to get me through the summer at the moment I've only managed to wear camel or white instead.. this is bad isnt it.

    Love the flatforms...would love to see you attempt to ride your bike in these! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, the Planetarium trip sounds fantastic, and good luck for riding the bike- you'll be fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your skirt paired with the belt. Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned. The weather is great here too I hope it holds up as I'm camping on Friday! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit lady! And your new header, it looks great!! Glad you're enjoying the weather, I am heading out there now for the last few hours of sun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Portebello. is a really cute out fit and you have a lovely blog! I'm following :)

    monikaamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Explosions in the sky!incredibly jealous :) i love when you have a moment with music like that. I saw sigur ros as connect festival 3 years ago now and it still gives me shivers when i think about it :)X

    ReplyDelete
  11. weather is just gorgeous! love this outfit, especially the colour of the skirt xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh I'd love to own a beautiful bike with a basket but I wouldn't get away with it here; too many dodgy paths, would be a pain! London would be great. Listening to some of Explosions in the sky at the moment, so light on the ears; beautiful. I love the atmosphere at gigs, you feel like you're going to burst with all the excitment!

    That's a fantastic belt also! Lucky girl!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww where are you going on hol?we still havent booked anything yet :( the one i found clashes with murray's last exam annoyingly so i dont know, ill probably get nowhere at this rate seeing as I am very shortly to be unemployed! aw was sooo lovely and i got to go for free playing violin with my friends band which made the whole thing that little bit better :)!have you seen the sigur ros dvd?x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still not over the Moschino belt and your flatforms look great on you, glad you bit the bullet :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this black-red combo on you! Good luck this weekend, enjoy it!

    http://mundodealicia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute outfit...your last post with "doll face" is amazing...i love that pic!!!hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jealous of the skirt and belt combination :)
    http://clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw you're so pretty girl! i love how you styled this dress with the moschino belt! so chic and classy ;).

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a pretty outfit! I'd love to go to Portobello Market sometime :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh just found your blog :) love this outfit esp your skirt- gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete